Knowledge Deficit : About the Disease Process
The absence or lack of cognitive information in connection with a specific topic.
- verbalization of problems,
- inaccuracies follow instructions,
- inappropriate behavior.
- cognitive limitations,
- interpretations of misinformation,
- lack of desire to seek information,
- not knowing the sources of information.
- Patients and families express an understanding of the disease, condition, prognosis and treatment programs
- Patients and families are able to perform the procedure correctly explained
- Patients and families are able to explain again what was described nurse / other health team
Teaching: Disease Process
- Give your assessment of the level of knowledge about the patient's specific disease process
- Describe the pathophysiology of the disease and how it relates to anatomy and physiology, in a proper way.
- Describe the usual signs and symptoms appear the disease, in a proper way
- Describe the disease process, the proper way
- Identify possible causes, dengna proper way
- Provide information to patients about the condition, in a proper way
- Avoid a hopeless
- Provide information to families about the progress of patients in an appropriate manner
- Discuss lifestyle changes that may be necessary to prevent complications in the future and controlling disease or process
- Discuss the choice of therapy or treatment
- Encourage the patient to explore or get a second view in a proper way or indicated
- Exploration of possible sources or support, the proper way
- Refer patients to the group or agency in the local community, in a proper way
- Instruct the patient about the signs and symptoms to report on health care givers, in a proper way
Nursing Diagnosis for Knowledge Deficit